Micro Expanded Beam
- 2Ch / 4Ch Hermaphroditic Expanded Beam Connector System
- Plugs: With and without Rubber Grip, with Straight or 90 Degree Backshell
- Receptacles: Jam Nut, Flange Mount, and XLR Compatible Flange Mount, with or without Backshells, QMicro to LC adapter
- Standard Cable OD up to 7.5mm, Extended Heat Shrink Strain Relief up to 9.5mm
- Intermateability: Tyco Pro Beam Mini, Stratos HMC, Fibreco Mini 2, Telecast MX
- Low Profile Receptacle Backshell Available for 2mm Simplex Cables
- Epoxy Cup Termini Available to Terminate 2mm Simplex Cables directly to a Receptacle without a Backshell
- Sealed to IP68
Micro Expanded Beam
Diamond Defence’s Micro Expanded Beam Fibre Optic Connectors are smaller versions of Diamond Defence’s Expanded Beam connectors which are designed to meet the requirements of MIL-PRF-83526/20 & /21 Military Specifications. Expanded Beam fibre optic connectors are designed to operate in harsh environments, they use non-physical contact fibre optic termini that are fully sealed behind an anti-reflective coated ball lens. This lens expands the beam to many times its original size aiding optical alignment and minimizing the effects of dust, debris, vibration, and other environmental conditions. Because there is no wear on the optical surfaces / end faces of the termini during use, the QMicro connector has excellent durability, in excess of 3,000 mating cycles, providing a long service life interconnect solution.Read More
Micro Expanded Beam is a hermaphroditic connector allowing multiple plug-to-plug cable assemblies to be combined to extend the length of the system. These connectors are available with two or four channels and with singlemode or multimode lenses. In addition to the standard plugs and receptacles, Diamond Defence offers a 90 Degree option for plugs and a Low Profile Backshell for receptacles for applications with space constraints. A Micro Expanded Beam Receptacle to LC Adapter is also offered which provides an Expanded Beam interface on one end and LC Duplex on the other.
Micro Expanded Beam Connectors are used in Oil & Gas, Mining, Factory Automation, Heavy Equipment, Marine, Broadcast, Medical, Military, Aerospace, and Defense for Communications, Audio / Video, and Sensing Applications.